Saturday, April 23, 2011

Couponing - My new life :)

Well, I have never done a "blog" before, so this should be interesting, lol. I started couponing in December 2010.  When I started raving to those I know well, they all thought I was a little crazy. It was (is) all I talk about. I would be getting excited waiting for the next TLC Extreme couponing show to air on Wednesday nights, recording every episode religiously. I would invite friends over to "coupon", drinking wine in the process.

This "couponing" craze, as enabled me to have some sort of social life again. Since having kids of my own and running child care...I rarely have adult conversations anymore. All the more reason to continue with this coupon crazyness :o)

Slowly but surely I have learned the ins and outs of how to coupon, when to coupon, and how much to coupon. In the beginning for my family of four I would normally spend $1100-$1300 a month on our groceries...now I am cutting our bills in half! I didn't think this could be done in our little town of Golden. I have already stocked up enough laundry soap for the next 6-9 months, toothpaste, deoderant (mens & womens), body wash, shampoo & conditioner, hand lotions, and ziplock baggies all for a year, and my newest purchase of cereal for the next 4-6 months!! The laundry soap was all about $3 or less, and everything else was under a buck or FREE!! I have to now learn how to make "yearly" & "weekly" shopping lists! Crazy I know, but I am saving so much money compaired to what I was spending before. I can afford all the "expensive" name brands and pay less for it than I would the "no name" brands.

Your mortgage & grocery bills are the most expensive bills I think anyone has to pay every month. Sometimes the groceries cost more than your mortgage payment!!! Couponing is my new job. If I can save 50%-75% on regular household items, the less chance we will ever be in the poor house. We will always have food, and clothing on our backs. We can use the savings to put our kids in activities with out breaking the bank, pay down our mortgage, or go on vacation.

Life seems so much more less stressfull now. I never have to wonder if we have enough money in the bank for the groceries anymore. (and I buy so much more & still pay less). Its a great feeling!

Stay tuned! more blogging to come!

No comments: