Sunday, April 24, 2011

Organizing Coupons...

This is how I organize my coupons....

I first started by using the mini soft cover photo albums, gradually taping more books to one another. One set was for Food, the other book was for non-food. I liked this cause they were still small enough to fit into my purse/easy to carry, ...and I could just flip through and see what I had.

Now I am using a binder with photo album sheets. I like it better than the baseball card sheets because I can fit all sizes of coupons including tear pad and “gocoupons”. I organize by types of products….paper (napkins & TP), hygiene, toiletries, meds, dairy, snacks, cereal, canned, frozen, meats, fresh, make-up, fast food, baby, pet. To keep an eye on which coupons are to expire first, Layer “same” coupons on top of one another (takes up less space) with them organized by expiry date (soonest on top).

In the front of my book, I have one back to back photo sheet with copies of store coupon policies (LD, Wallmart & Superstore, etc.), calculator, & scissors, and a empty spot to hold any new coupons that I find on my shopping trip.

On the front hard cover of my binder I have a few sheets of paper clipped on with a large sturdy black clip. this will help me take notes, write grocery lists, and clip on coupons that I will take out of the binder and use at the till. This will ensure that I won't loose any coupons that would otherwise slip out of a pocket. Always have a pen clipped to the front of the binder as well :)

photo album & baseball card sheets are commonly found in thrift shops too!

and, Yes, lol....I take this book everywhere I go...all the time :o)

Cheers! Jackie

No comments: