Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A great night with Friends, Wine & Coupons

I had a really great day today. As I was picking up all the kids from the bus stop, I received a phone call from a friend telling me that Sobeys was selling off a variety of Kelloggs Cereal for $1 each! By the time I got the kids all packed up in the van, and scooted over there, There was only about 30 boxes left....I snagged them all! With my coupons & freebies I collected 31 boxes of cereal for $27.00! For the next year I will have to refuse to buy any cereal (unless it is free :). When it becomes free, it will then be donated to the local food bank.

I also had a "Couponing Night" tonight at the house. Four people showed up. It was great! I met some new people, and found out some great information on shopping. Think the greatest tip for me was that if you find something expired on the shelf...you can take it away for free!!! These items are probably still good to eat...the stores are just not permitted to sell it after the expiry date!! I didn't know that I could take those items for free!!!

All in all, it think it was a great networking night for couponers. Thanks ladies for your company. I had a great time :) We will have to do this again!

3 comments:

Savvy Horsewoman said...

Thanks for hosting a great Coupon Night!

Erin H said...

Hey Jackie! Question, how do you approach the cashier/manager in regards to the expired goods issue? Just curious!

Unknown said...

lol, not sure Erin :) I haven't done this before, but others have. I guess I would have to approach the manager, and just ask " if you have expired goods on your shelf...would I have to pay for them?" and go from there..make note of the persons name that you talk to, just in case there are issues at the till.