Monday, May 9, 2011

Prepping For My Calgary Couponing Trip

Well, I have been out to the stores this week and snagged all that I could with my coupons. My best deals were 20 packages of Royal Toilet paper for $3.99 each, 11 sticks of Old Spice Deodorant for FREE, and 3 Hallmark cards for free. Just those three items alone I should have paid over $255. With the sales & my coupons in tow, I paid $80. Saved $68%. Not too bad. I don't need to buy Toilet paper for the next 4-5 months & deodorant till next year! No other good purchases to be made with my coupons for the rest of the week now till the next flyers come out.

I now need to start to focus on my Calgary Shopping trip coming up on May 28th. I am doing this trip for a few reasons.
1. this will be my first trip away from BOTH of my kids for an entire night :) a very new, exciting,  and nerve racking experience for me.
2. I want to see if I can really "coupon" as well as I think I can. Just to prove it to myself.
3. to see if it will really be worth the expense of travelling to Calgary. In all honesty, if these gas prices continue to rise...the trip will likely be cancelled for the expense will out weigh the savings :( ,  although...a night away may be still worth it...hummm

So! For the next few days, I will be doing a new monthly budget, counting my inventory, organizing coupons, and setting aside those that I am stacking for London Drugs. Hoping to purchase about $400 - $500 of products (or more) on this trip and pay about $100 or so. A 75% savings would be very nice. Hoping to stock up and get my years supply of body wash, shampoo, fabric softener, toothpastes &  toothbrushes, cleaning supplies, cereal and other food products. This trip will take me a lot of time to organize, but in the end hoping to make it go as smooth and predictable as possible.

A close friend of mine and I will head into Calgary the evening of Friday, May 27. Before hitting the hotel, we will be coupon & flyer shopping at the three major stores that I plan on shopping at. London Drugs, Wallmart & Superstore. I will have likely already skimmed the flyers on line, and have a pretty good idea of the sales. Thankfully, all of these stores are only a couple of blocks away from each other so it will be relatively easy and quick to do.  We will then head back to the hotel, and begin to sort, organize and make our shopping lists. This should be the hardest part (I hope)...As long as I am organized, shopping should be pretty easy. I will know how many of each product I will be getting & exactly how much I will spend :) I have a tonne of coupons already, and expecting a lot more in the mail this week! Hoping to find a lot of FREE deals with my coupons.

Can't wait for this trip!! Hopefully it will turn out well and be worth my while to do a trip all the time. Either way I think it will be a fun get away!

If you have any tips feel free to comment!!

Cheers!

No comments: